BB Cream

MY SUMMER FOUNDATION - RIMMEL BEAUTY BALM CREAM 9-IN-1 SKIN PERFECTING SUPER MAKEUP | REVIEW

5:23 pm

Hi Petals,

Well, I think I can finally make the assumption that summer is now well and truly upon us. As some of you may know I am not a fan of the heat, and the last thing I want when it's 30 odd degrees outside is to feel as though my face is melting - quite literally with make-up -.

In our summer months I tend to venture away from the full coverage, thick foundations that I wear in winter and opt for a more subtle, lightweight formula. As I have a fair bit of facial redness - and I am very self-conscious about it - I do not like to not wear something if I am leaving the house.

Recently I have found myself reaching for BB creams and I have re-discovered my favourite one - as of yet -!!


My Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup (in the shade light) with SPF 25 is my go to BB cream for the summer months. I find it to be lightweight, easy to blend and best of all I don't feel like I am wearing a lot of makeup :).

Packaging
The Rimmel BB Cream is packaged in a 30ml (1 fl oz) squeeze tube. I would much rather a pump - it is much less messy that way :) - but it is not a huge deal for me. I think the packaging is rather plain but it's the product that counts right? Most foundation type products are in plainer packaging anyways :).


What It Claims To Do
"It's a skin perfecting super makeup!
9 in 1 results: Primes, Moisturises, Minimises Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smooths, Mattifies, Brightens and helps Protect."


Application
You use this just like you would a foundation. I like to apply this with my fingers rather than a brush - I feel it blends better with my fingers -. I find that I don't require too much of the product to cover my face and neck, helping me feel like I don't have tonnes of makeup on. I have tried other BB creams and I find them to feel heavy on my skin, but not this baby it's so lightweight and easy to apply and blend. Love it!!

Formula & Shade
It seems to have a lightweight formula - which definitely gets a big thumbs up from me :) - and that's what I am looking for in a BB cream. I feel it gives me the coverage I need for the hotter months - it definitely covers my redness - without feeling like a full coverage foundation.
I have the lightest shade - 001 light - as I am not the most tanned person in the world and I feel it suits me just right. I feel that most BB creams are actually darker that you think, so the light shade does just nicely.

Where to Buy & How Much
Like most of my drugstore products I buy mine in store at Priceline. I have a loyalty card so I get my points :). I buy this product for $12.95, which isn't actually that bad when you think about it. A decent foundation costs at least $15 so I think that the price is rather reasonable.

Verdict
Definitely a big thumbs up from me :)!! I love my Rimmel BB Cream and I continuously go back to it again and again. I will definitely be repurchasing this item again and again.

What BB Creams do you find work really well at giving you a nice colour but not feeling overly weighty on the skin? Let me know in the comments!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook